Like most of the remaining natural habitats in the world today, Newlands Forest currently faces unprecedented challenges and pressures. Newlands Forest falls within the greater Table Mountain National Park and is administered by SANParks. Our mission is to find ways to offer support, where possible, to SANParks, who are the official guardians of the forest. Ultimately our goal is to help preserve the fragile and irreplaceable natural spaces on the eastern slopes of Table Mountain, particularly the small pockets of indigenous forest.
· Establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with SANParks so that we can we can supply support and assistance to their important work.
· Create awareness in the community around some of the issues facing the forest, things like bark stripping, litter, invasive species and dog fouling
· Report all incidents to the proper authorities.
· Engage all stakeholders to participate in protecting the forest.
· Encourage people to get involved as volunteers on various projects. To sign up as a volunteer head over to our Facebook page.